Thursday, February 10, 2011

Map of the 13 colonies of USA in 1775

Hai everyone,

This is my first post in my blog  which is created as a part of my elective(Cartography and Navigation)  assignment in my present sem.By this first post i am sharing with you a map of the 13 colonies of USA in 1775.The map is shown as below:



The 13 colonies indicated in the map are  Delaware, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Georgia, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Maryland, South Carolina, New Hampshire, Virginia, New York, North Carolina, and Rhode Island.

To view this map more precisely please see
http://www.mapoftheunitedstates.wordpress.com/

I like this map due to some good points and to very little extent i also dislike this map beacuse of the following reasons :

I like this map because:
  • Scale of the map is indicated.
  • Lattitudes and longitudes are properly indicated.
  • Usage of colour.
  • Map projection is being used.
  • Some of the features like hills are being indicated.
  • The boundaries are also clearly outlined.
 I dislike this map because:
  • Colonies can be indicated by different colours which would be more precise.
  • Even some more physical  features can be indicated.











No comments:

Post a Comment